Where it all began...
Over bad coffee in the theatre break room, we as a group of gynae trainees developed our vision for GynaeFellow.com
As we waited for our next case, we aimlessly searched our smart phones for anatomy images and videos of the operation ahead – pre-empting the questions we might face and revising the surgical steps which we might get a chance to try out! Of course, all of us had meant to prep the night before – but a busy labour ward / over-running theatre lists / e-portfolio deadlines and night shifts had put an end to that plan!
So, there we were – in a www # world – with Google generating only fuzzy images claiming to be the pelvic side wall; wonky decade old videos; and truly terrifying results when searching for ‘vulval anatomy’. Cue the gynae-shaped ‘lightbulb’ moment…
With the support of our senior Consultant – an entrepreneur and IT enthusiast at heart – we took our simple idea from the coffee room to the world wide web.
Through hard-work and dedication, we have together created an accessible, high quality and ultimate ‘on the go’ interactive surgical training resource addressing the learning needs of gynae trainees.
We are committed to ever improving, adding to and developing our platforms.
We hope you enioy GynaeFellow.com as much as we have …and we welcome you to the GynaeFellow family!
How can you become a member of the GynaeFellow family
Our aim is to create a multimedia platform that offers bite-sized practical material that can be used all professionals to improve the quality of care.
The concept is to offer the material simple and bite-sized which could be anything such as surgical tip/skill, quick summary of relevant paper, posting relevant mangement plan and so forth. We are always looking for new ideas and innovative ways to share the knowledge. Once reviewed and approved, your contribution will find its way to the platform with your name either publication or new service led by you.
We invite you to join our family and help to share the knowledge.
Be Respectful and treat others, as you like to be treated.
- We treat all with dignity and humility.
- We save the face of the other person even if they clearly wrong.
- We respect all cultures and benchmark to human values.
Be honest, open and transparent.
- We pride ourselves by taking honest and ethical approach.
- We share our knowledge and techniques.
Strive to be the best but be humble
- We listen to understand so we are understood.
- We ensure our team are doers, motivated and well looked after.
- We approach challenge and new ideas with “What can we do? And how can we help?”
- We strive to provide the best solutions.
- We all take personal responsibility and correct mistakes even if no one is noticing.
- We focus on finding solutions rather than complaining, blaming or finding excuses.
- We keep our promises; deliver on what we say and what we are going to do.
- We find time to reflect; adjust and correct then move with confidence and peace.
Be the best but live happy
- We aim to get the best outcomes.
- We want our subscribers to stay with us because we are effective, skilful, happy and efficient.
- We aim to work with the best and make them feel part of something they don’t want to leave.
- We want our team members to work from the location where they feel happiest so they are productive, fully engaged with the best physical, mental and spiritual shape to wake up every morning fresh and energised.