Customer Use Policy
This customer use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.gynaefellow.com and “GynaeFellow” App (our Platforms) and our Social Media Pages. This policy applies to all users of, and visitors to all our platforms.
www.gynaefellow.com is a multiplatform site operated by Oxford Digital Lab Ltd (we or us). We are a UK registered company and based in Oxford UK.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You cannot use our platforms for:
- Purposes/uses that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- Purposes/uses that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- Purposes/uses with the intention to harm or attempt to harm minors or vulnerable in any way.
- Send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
By using our platforms you agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our platforms;
- any equipment or network on which our platforms are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our platforms; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may, at times, provide interactive services on our platforms (website, App and other platforms), these may include without limitation:
For such interactive services we will provide you with clear information about the kind of service offered and if it is moderated or not.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks to users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our platforms. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our platforms, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We strongly advise parents/guardians who permit their children to use an interactive service that to discuss with their children online safety, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who use any interactive service should be aware of the potential risks they may be exposed to.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
The content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our platforms (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
We take the quality and content of your contribution seriously. All contributors must comply with our platform standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, if there has been a breach of this customer use policy by you on one or more of our platforms. If we confirm a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our platforms.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our platforms.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the customer use policy
We may revise this customer use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this customer use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our platforms and website.