Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE (Effective 1st January 2020)
Terms of website use (www.gynaefellow.com and Gynaefellow App)
Other applicable terms
- Customer Use Policy (www.gynaefellow.com/cutomer-use-policy). This section sets out the permitted and the prohibited uses of our site. By using our site, you confirm you will comply with our Customer Use Policy.
- If you decide to purchase products or services from this site then you confirm your acceptance to our Terms & Conditions of Sale.
Information about us
www.gynaefellow.com is a site operated by Oxford Digital Lab Limited (“We”). We are a UK registered company under number 12234695 based in Oxford UK.
Changes to these terms
Changes to our site
We may update our site and App from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site or App may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site or App, or any content on either, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing www.gynaefellow.com and Gynaefellow App
The web site and App are available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site/App, or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our services is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site or the App without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site and App.
Our services are directed to professionals who work or interested female surgery (gynaecology). Although membership is free and open to all people, we do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate to other specilities or general use . We may limit the availability of our site or any service or product described on our site to any person or geographic area at any time.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you know your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owners and the licensee holders of all intellectual property rights in our site, and of the material published on it. All works in our sites are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- If You quote a material from our sites then You must acknowledge our site(s) and the author (s) of that material. Failure to do so will be considered violation to our intellectual property rights.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
- The content on our site(s) is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the sale of any product or supply of any services by use to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of sale.
Uploading content to our site
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site(s), or to make contact with other users of our site(s), you must comply with the content standards set out in our Customer Use Policy (www.gynaefellow/cutomer-use-policy).
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of the site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (rights you licence).
- We reserve the right to disclose your identity to any third party who may claim that some or all of the content posted or uploaded by you to our site(s) constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our site.
- We reserve the right to remove any posting you make on our site(s) if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Customer Use Policy (www.gynaefellow.com/customer-use-policy).
- The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
- It is your responsibility to secure and backup your content.
Rights you licence
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us the following licenses:
- A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the services provided by our site(s) and across different media and to promote the site or services; and
- A worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to allow third parties to use the content for their purposes.
We will only ever use your materials to carry out your instructions to us – unless, very exceptionally, a court or other regulator orders us to disclose them.
Viruses and malware
- We will make reasonable efforts to ensure our site(s) are secure, however, we do not guarantee that our site(s) will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- It is your responsibility to configure your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site(s). You should use your own virus/malware protection software.
- You are prohibited from misuse of our site(s) by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
- You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site.
- You should not create a link to any part of our site other than the home page without prior consent from us.
- We reserve the rights to withdraw any linking permission(s) without notice.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the website(s) in which you are linking is(are) compliant in all respects with the content standards set out in our Customer Use Policy (www.gynaefellow.com/customer-use-policy).
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, you must seek our consent first. You can contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org
Third party links and resources in our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources
To contact us, please email email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our site.